PDA

View Full Version : Trouble unzipping files from vectorart3d

natman
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi yall,
New here and to the carvewright machine...Can someone please help me on unzipping files from here and from vector...After I use winzip it directs me either to Internet explorer or windows photo gallery but says the file type is not supported or can't open file...I've never used winzip or anything like it before and just spent $50.00 on two files from vectorart3d...I haven't tried to open them yet just the free downloads...Please help!!!!

Charles M
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
natman,

Welcome to the group. Are the files you are downloading actually .zip files? If so, just download them to a convenient spot then right click on the file and choose Extract All. The wizard will walk you through from there and will want to extract them to the same folder you are in. Once you extract them you can import the .ptn files by opening Designer and under File choose Import. Navigate to the place you extracted the file and select it.

Skyhawk
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Windows XP natively supports opening zip files, so Winzip isn't necessary...maybe your seeing the actual ptn file (which if you double click should open in designer...)

natman
04-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the help..I believe I have it all under control now..Just unzipped and saved the deer from Vector3D..Just a little operator headspace on the unzipping files...I appreciate the quick help..