PDA

View Full Version : Edwardian Script Centerline

Greybeard
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Here's another font set up as a project board in centerline for those without the facility.

Regards
John

BobHill
04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
John,

Remember that fonts are completely dependent on the individual's installed and active fonts when you use Designer Type function for ANY of the type functions. Thus, if someone doesn't have exactly the same font that you used in Designer, Panose will substitute whatever that someone has which is set for that particular category. Thus what you created might well not be what they will see when they open your MPC file. The only time when they will see the design as you designed it with the text you used is IF they have exactly the same font OR, you did it in Corel and made a raster image of that to put into designer, which, of course you can't do with centerline unless you make the center path instead of a full font and rasterized it.

Bob

Charles M
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
John,

Thank you for posting this. The script font will be great for making plaques and such.

Anyone heard an update on when the Centerline feature will be available?

Greybeard
04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
And here's the lower case and numerals.

Hi Bob.
I take your point, and am aware of its drawbacks, but this is posted here in response to a request by PM, as it seemed sensible to post it to the forum for others to use as well.
I think I've spelt out this as a workaround several times, so anyone searching for centerline postings will be aware of the potential problems in its use.
Regards
John

Charles M
04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
You da man!! I think Edwardian Script is loaded on all of my Windows machines. Maybe it comes with MS Word?

Greybeard
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
OK Charles, next time I'm in Greensboro you owe me a beer :)

Charles M
04-09-2007, 03:30 PM
That's a deal!

bamaman315
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Just got off phone was told centerline font would be ready in 2 weeks !!!!

John,

Thank you for posting this. The script font will be great for making plaques and such.

Anyone heard an update on when the Centerline feature will be available?

Charles M
04-09-2007, 05:50 PM
bamaman,

Thanks for the update. I hate to sound negative but I've heard that before. Maybe it will be true this time.

bamaman315
04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Thats what the young lady on the phone told me too. She said that she had been told that for a long time.

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Greybeard,

Thanks again for the Font and including the numbers too. Here is some of your Font handywork. A Plastic Wood like a Trex called Correct Deck in Green. They boast using hard wood fibers vice the others using soft wood fibers.

Cut nice, no melting.

The board detector can't see the green so I covered this in blue painters tape and the board detector saw it and was able to spray the letters white. Still some cleanup work to do. The board was 5.5 inches wide but due to the rounding over the board detector saw 5.3 inches.

Thanks again,

AL

Greybeard
04-10-2007, 01:44 AM
If CW don't get the centerline software out soon, I'm going to be able to go on the longest bar crawl the States has ever seen ;)

Regards
John