PDA

View Full Version : Should I exchange the machine?

jdrof
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
After almost 3 months of use, I am finally experencing the pain of some of you out there. Of the last 4 projects, three have died with a Z-Axis stall with error codes 236 and 246. The one that made it all the way thru had areas in the middle carving at different heights. One was almost a 1/16th different.

I did have a problem with the 'flipper' not comming all the way out but that went away when I loaded 1.119, which I am still using.

My question to all of you is, should I exchange my machine before the 90 days is up or try and get this one working?

I am hooked and won't go down without a fight, I'm just not sure who to go to first, Sears or CW.

Your help would be appreciated.

Jeff_Birt
04-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Give CW a call before you do anything...

adoni
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
jdrof,

Mine was delivered DOA ... I stuck it out. I now have a machine that works. And I'm confident it will keep working. I'm also of the opinion that if you fix the problems with the current machine you know what problems to foresee in the future. If you get a new machine, who knows what problems you'll have and you "could" be at square one again.

Just my opinion.

RC Woodworks
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
jdrof, I exchanged 3 CC I should have only exchanged the first one. Most of the machines seem to have the issues. I know the last one I just sent to CW for repair has had the same problems.

The thing is I suggest is send it in for repair and ask them to address the other common issues while it is there. Or take it back to Sears and hope you get a problem free machine.

I tried that but they came from the same warehouse so they were the same shipment. Of course the last thing and I know you don't want to do, return it.

I with you I want to keep the CC so I chose to get it repaired. With my first one it had major computer issues and mechanical. Enough for a CW tech suggest I exchange it. Now if you are having this type of issues then exchange it!

You have had 3 months of use, I only had 3 days of use with my first. It might be best to send it in for repair. Of course it is up to you!!!

I hope the best :)
Rick

ruggybear
04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Mine should arrive in Texas tomorrow. The CW tech I talked to suggested it br sent to them for repair of the issues I knew about as well as addressing any others that they are aware of. I pointed out that it was within the 90 day return time frame at Sears and his response basically was return it and get it fixed to a know state rather than taking a chance on another one in the supply pipeline at Sears. This is not to say all machines in the pipeline to Sears will have problems. There will be some percentage on both sides of the fence and the total will add up to 100%.

Can't beat CW's attitude and support. All 100% positive.