PDA

View Full Version : Half way there

RC Woodworks
04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I just checked where my CC was in the route to CW for repair. They should get it tomorrow. I hope they go through the thing like I asked them to do. I want this to be the last time in a long time it needs to be repaired.

Guess I know hopefully in a couple weeks. I guess I will see what gets here first my CC or my new Shopbot! Dog gone CC made me want to go full CNC for my sign shop.

I will use the CC in my portable shop and the 48" X 96" Shopbot for my main shop. Oh well thought I would share what is going on with my CC. I promised to share some up coming signs, but without my machine no can do!

-Rick

benluz
04-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I just checked where my CC was in the route to CW for repair. They should get it tomorrow. I hope they go through the thing like I asked them to do. I want this to be the last time in a long time it needs to be repaired.

Guess I know hopefully in a couple weeks. I guess I will see what gets here first my CC or my new Shopbot! Dog gone CC made me want to go full CNC for my sign shop.

I will use the CC in my portable shop and the 48" X 96" Shopbot for my main shop. Oh well thought I would share what is going on with my CC. I promised to share some up coming signs, but without my machine no can do!

-Rick

Hello,I just ordered a full size machine as well ...a shopsabre with tool
changer and 4th axis for cabinet and gun stocks and I owe it all to the CW for opening my eyes !

RC Woodworks
04-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah and $10,000 later!!!! lol Wow I just checked out Shop Sabre they are a bit pricey! Did you check out Shopbot for prices and what they offer? I am getting a 4896 with the router software and the shipping, tax under $10,000.

Oh I am going to buy the upgraded software for about $500.00

benluz
04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes..I did check out those and was very tempted,but since I'm using this in a commercial setting and plan to run it 6-8 hrs a day, I wanted a machine with ball screws I believe the shopbot uses rack and pinion.Then one of the guy on cnczone said he sent a machine back that had a bolt together frame because when it took a heavy cut he could see the table bow.Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to knock your machine I'm sure it will work great.I wanted to get very fast production and with a 10 hp mitibishi hi frequency spindle it will cut 600 inches per minute.I shopped around and the shopsabre is the only one who would supply me with the industry standard componets without getting into really big money 40 to 60K. I can get a fully loaded machine with all the hi-end components including auotcabinets and endroute pro which will let me do lettering and v-carving and much more for a total cost of about 33,000.00 .We have an inside edge on alot of commercial lamanite cabinet work and the unit should pay for itself in a year or so .Really it's great news for small people like us there is a cnc for all price ranges these days compared to years ago where you had to shell out 60 to 70K.Well good luck with yours....let me know how you like it.I have a friend who makes guitars that needs a shopbot.
Ben