PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error

mustang
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I just ran a 1 hour sign project and had a bunch of trouble setting it up. I kept getting a slow feed into the machine on the measure board command and then a fatal error. I finally put a different piece of wood in and ran it. It ran for almost the whole run but about 7-8% left it stopped and gave me a fatal error message. Is there a way to tell what it was or a way to clear it without having to start all over? It really is annoying not to know what caused it but more frustrating to have to start over on a 1 hour piece and burn into the warranty. The 200 hour warranty thing probably should be addressed by Carvewright as some of the time on the machine is lost to multiple errors not necessarily of the users fault. Thanks

Sarge
04-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I've had several of those recently, with my new machine. I just figured mine out....... my input into the design caused them. I went in, formatted the card again, refreshed the firmware and reloaded the design. It went through the whole carve without a glitch. Nothing to use the old, messed up carving for except a lesson learned?!?!

mustang
04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
:confused: Do I just go to file and upload and then reformat or is there another way? also how do i upgrade firmware, I have the latest version 1.12 I believe or is this the problem?

Sarge
04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, go to file and format. Then, click on Firmware. Click on latest version, make it overwrite the current copy. There are some things that can cause it to develop glitches.
Then reload your project.
Good Luck!!!