PDA

View Full Version : Help

Jim2120
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I have been using my machine for 38 hours. I've already had to change the board sensor, then I made one small sign. Now the BIT INDEX ARM IS NOT MOVING OUT. Can I fix this myself and HOW do I do it?:confused:

Skyhawk
04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
There are a few different reasons that may cause this...the most likely is asmall burr on the swing arm where it contacts the head...With a honing stone smooth the connecting surfaces and use a wax on the meeting surfaces...

If all else fails, I used a metal coat hanger, and bent it to hook the frame next to the arm, follow the frame down, then bent it so that it would stick out and hold the arm in position. I used a little duct tape to hold it in position...not really necessary, but will keep it from vibrating off.

Keeping the arm in the out position doesn't seem to affect the operation of the machine and eliminates this error completely!

Jeff_Birt
04-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I have been using my machine for 38 hours. I've already had to change the board sensor, then I made one small sign. Now the BIT INDEX ARM IS NOT MOVING OUT. Can I fix this myself and HOW do I do it?:confused:

Jim, The latest firmware updates also will help this situation. There is also a troubleshooting pdf on this in the 'Troubleshooting PDF' thread at the top of the troubleshooting forum. A bit of searching will yield a lot of information on this subject as well.

rjustice
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Jim,
Just put this in another post. I was working on a large sign that cut for 5 hours, It was MDF, and ended up getting alot of dust in the "Y" axis belt channel... Mine did the same thing... i had to gently blow the dust out while using a small vac hose to pull it out.. You dont want to get crazy with it due to static building up, and it is also advisable to make sure the power is off to the machine. I also blew the dust from around the hinge point of the bit arm, and worked it back and forth to make sure it worked freely... after a good cleanup everything worked perfectly.. More than 50 hours on the machine at this point and all is going well for me

Ron