PDA

View Full Version : My share time.

leesheridan
04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I have sat here reading and looking at everyones work and it all looks so great. After talking with Deidre at CW she was able to get me registered. So here is a pattern I will share with you all. If by chance you live in a BLUE state and you by chance you run this pattern through your machine make sure you don't run a progam with hounds behind it, because more than likely it's against the hunting laws in your state! Ha Ha. For some good line drawings so a search for childrens color books. Most of the time you can get the pictures free. Enjoy.

pamjmayo
04-07-2007, 11:10 PM
That carving is wonderful. Did you really get it from a coloring book?

leesheridan
04-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes. There so many pictures out ther that are free. It did take some work to get it into a 3D image.

eagle1
04-08-2007, 10:59 AM
The Lion looks Great .... What Program are you using to convert the line drawing to a 3-D picture

leesheridan
04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I use Adobe or one of several other photo programs.

benluz
04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
The lion is nice but needs cleaned up, if you look close it has way to many round circles which look like the end of the bit when you carve images like this.This is the same problem I have when using jpg or other graphics I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn corel draw.You can import that image into a graphics program and really make it carve clean,but I have no experience at this.I think I will go to www.allcw.com and download one of Jons tutorials on this subject.

pamjmayo
04-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I downloaded Corel Draw to find a way to improve my picture quality. Since there is no mention of a 3-D cutout like there is in other programs, I have no way to know what to do. Is there anyone out there with picture, or lithograph experience that could give us some directions on what to do. Some on the forum convert to B&W, others to negatives, etc. Sarge fixed some pictures for me and they are so much better than what I spent a week working at. If someone wanted to do a tutorial, I'd be willing to pay for the it..I bet others would too.

benluz
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
There are numerous people in the forum who are very good with graphics.I think a good place to start to learn is with one of the video's Jon offers on his website.As soon as I have time I'm going to buy the one lesson and study it.He show how to import a graphic into corel and clean it up then export it for cw.

Jeff_Birt
04-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Is there anyone out there with picture, or lithograph experience that could give us some directions on what to do.

Jon Jantz has made some excellent videos describing how to use Corel Draw to make patterns for the CW. www.allcw.com (http://www.allcw.com), I have found them very uselfull and have been able to go from knowing zero about Corel to actually creating usefull stuff in a short while thanks to the videos.

leesheridan
04-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I just got my new issue of Woodcraft magazine. And it has an artical on the CW. They also point out some of the very problems we have been having. But with all the hardware problems we have had, we,ve also had just as many software problems if we admit it to our selves. Most of us have come from a background of wood working, not the software world of photo enhancement. So the learning curve is great. Me I can reprogram a Harpoon missile or work with explosives. But for the last 50 years I have always had wood working. So any help we could get would be greatful. We have all been that kid at Christmas that just had to play with the new toy before reading the instructions.