PDA

View Full Version : Utility bar icons

woody-ct
04-07-2007, 03:10 PM
new machine, 5 days, learning each day but I cannot find anything in the software instructions about the specific functions of the icons on the unility bar. I searched and found some references to the vertex tools (sounds like nodes to me), but the attach and change form too remain a mystery.

Also, I cannot find the route tool or trim tool in any of the menus, it is supposed to be in the tools toolbar.

Lastly, bear with me, is there a way to adjust the depth of cut using the 1/16 carving bit. I see references to settings but again don't know wherer to look.

Many thanks

Woody-ct

newcarver
04-07-2007, 04:39 PM
The rout tool is only avaiable in the trial as well as the trim tool. Not sure about the rest.

Mike
04-07-2007, 05:52 PM
The directions are for the Beta users software. The Sears software does not have all of the tools in the toolbar directions. Also Sears did a lousy job of giving directions on how to use many of the tools that are included in thier version. Check SEARCH ( I feel like a moderator LOL ) for better directions on the tools given in the sears software.
Mike

Navigator
04-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Bought my CW from Sears and played with the free download software from CW while waiting for it to arrive. I actually printed the help screens from the download. Are these instructions different (older) than what comes with 1.120? Is there a thread with more complete explainations about the Designer tools?

rjustice
04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I downloaded 1.19 before getting machine and didnt laod the disk that came with my sears model... is it different?... should i keep what i have been using, due to possibly loosing some functionality? or should i load the disk? Everything has been working very smoothly for me so far!

Ron

Jeff_Birt
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
The machine has been shipping with an older version of Designer, best to stay with the newer one you have now ( 1.120 is the latest).