PDA

View Full Version : Machine Problems

randygeorge
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Ever since I loaded the new firmware, I am get "Clear Board Sensor" "Z" Truck Errors, "Power Flucuation" errors. Please help. The Board Sensor is clean, every moving part is clean and lubricated, and the machine is on its own electrical circuit. The machine randomly goes through menus during the error 'Power Flucuation"

Any suggestions?

Jeff_Birt
04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Randy,

There has been problems with the board sensor wires and home sensor/probe connector board shorting to the truck(s). This can cuase random errors from any sensor. Best to call CW Monday and have them walk you through the tests. They have been having some folks unplug the small ribbon cable which goes down to the Z-axis as a stop-gap fix.

randygeorge
04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I believe you're right!! :) I took apart the machine and the truck and noticed 2 small bare bites in two of the wires. So i took off the the wires, and placed heat shrink tubing over the bad ones. So far so good. i will be testing shortly.

Mike
04-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I had the same problem. The wires were partially out of the plastic cover and had shorted out. It gave me several error messages.

randygeorge
04-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Where you able to fix yours?