PDA

View Full Version : Same Surface?

randygeorge
04-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know how to make the name in this project on the same "level" or "surface" as the carve region I created to "lift" the PITT letters? I want the "PITT" letters to RISE and the Name to be LOWERED? I do not want 2 levels of wood. You will see the edge where to two levels meet.

Thanks,

Randy

MarkJamesDesign
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I modified the file for you by changing the height of the PITT logo to 999. You have some texture on the surface of the PITT letters probably due to the colors or shade variation when imported. Because of this, the carving bit is going to want to go over the surface and create that texture. Zoom in tight on the PITT letters and you will see the texture. So in reality your surfaces will not be equal, but they will be pretty darn close. Close as your going to get with this image. I've attached the modified file.

Jim

Greybeard
04-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I just pulled the rectangular region to enclose all the board, then increased the name depth slightly.
You see the properties of each when you select them. You'll probably want to move the name slightly etc.
Regards
John

randygeorge
04-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Thats what I tried and the name kept dissappearing when I extended the rectangle over it? Thank you very much. I am still trying to learn this software.

Thanks,

Randy