PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Bit Adjustment Tool?

Andy C
04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Bought it with bit holders. Can't find any instructions on how to use.

Dan-Woodman
04-06-2007, 08:32 PM
It's for the 1/2" bit adapters
insert adapter, the little springs hold it in.
Then you can use the wrench to tighten the nut .

Andy C
04-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks-Andy

Navigator
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Just got mine and again there were no instructions. However, I did figure out how it's used. The bits from CW have flats ground into the shank of the bit where the set screws for the 1/4 collet must tighten down. These flats must align with the set screws. The bit adjustment tool allows you to set the flats at that point in the notches in the tool before you snap in the collet. Put the bit against the adjustable scale and slide it in until the flats line up with the notches, tighten the screw to hold the scale. Snap in the collet, then insert the bit until it touches the scale. Snug the set screws, checking that they are actually on the flats, then tighten the set screws. I know you could do this without the tool but it does make it somewhat easier. The only other reason for the tool that I found is for the none CW 1/4" bits without flats or 1/2" bits to set a common bit height across all bits. I am not sure though that I would try 1/4" bits without grinding at least one flat.

Aaron B
04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I just got this tool, I see the scale on the end of it but what depth are you supposed to put it at.

RanUtah
09-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I just got this tool, I see the scale on the end of it but what depth are you supposed to put it at.

Any suggestions here?