PDA

View Full Version : This machine is not a HE it is a SHE!!

Mike
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
A lot of you have been calling this machine a he but I disagree. Here are my reasons for calling this a she.

She is very beautiful. She needs lots of hands on attention. She needs to be handled gently. She is tempremental. If you don't treat her right she will go back home to Texas. She cost you lot's of money and you just spend more on her. She can be your best friend and your worst nightmare. You just can't stop thinking about her. You are constantly talking ( good or bad ) to other people about her. If SHE is happy YOU are happy!

Please feel free to add any other reasons why this is a SHE!

DocWheeler
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
And, if Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy!

Bill
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
If you don't treat her right she will go back home to Texas
Hello Mike,
Wow quite a write up for Her I have not laughed so hard for a long time
Excellent post I like it!;)

Bill.

RBeau1954
04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
My wife keeps telling me she thinks I have a mistress, so my time in the shop with my mistress must also mean this machine is a she.

Rick

HillBilly
04-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Ok, I finally did it. Joined the "Community" that is.

Howdy Everyone,

I`ve been a longtime "lurker" since about sometime back in November of last year. That was about the time I contacted "LHR Technologies" about this amazing little "lady".

At that time I was employed by Sears Holdings Company, and we had just recived our "demo" model. I was at first a bit a bit stumped by it, and just what it was. It arrived at my former store in a fairly simple, mostly unmarked box. I, myself was the person who opened it, and after removing it, was a bit confused as to what it was. Myself as well as one of my PMT associates, tried numerous times to contact our sources within the company to gain some knowledge about it, to no avail. Only after my doing a bit of research on my own was I able to find the folks at "LHR" and get several of my questions answered.

After I understood just what this "Little Lady" was and what she could do, I mentioned it to my wife. Now at first she was quite a bit hesitant to listen to me as to what the "lady" could do. However, with a little bit of persuasion on my part as well as some of the great posts many of you have made here showing some of the capability's of "her". I somehow managed to talk her into letting me have one.

I`ve had my "Mistress" now since around the first of February, and my life hasn`t been the same since. I no longer work at Sears, in fact I havn`t worked much at all since they chanced the "pay-scale" on Feb 10. It was only after I resigned that I found the time to "devote" to my new "Mistress" and start to attempt to understand her. I`ve still not spent as much time with her as I should have , however I do have to say that she`s been preforming quite well so far when I have found the time (gezz, if we could only....Nope , I `ain`t a go`n say it.. :-) )

I`ve spent quite a bit of my time trying to learn "Photoshop" and a somewhat older version of "Corel" besides building a mostly portable stand to keep the "Lady' On. Most of this has been done with the help of many of the members of this community (although unknown by them), and the vast knowledge that they have so freely bestowed to anyone willing to take the time to view this great community.

Anyway, I`m starting to get off on one of my somewhat long trains of thought, so I`ll try and relax a bit and get back to "massaging" my other "lady" for now <grin>. I`ll try not to be as much of a stranger any longer.

I`m going to attempt to add a picture of what my "Baby" looks like tonight after she just got past her cleaning.

Don`t ever let anyone tell ya, that it can`t be done,

Sam

IM2HAPPI
04-07-2007, 04:49 AM
I have always said mine was a she. To this day she is preforming wonderful. Carving as good as day I brought her home. I am still using the same 2 bits that she came with, even though I bought extras. She WELL treat you good if you use common sense. Still 2Happi ; )

Vashon
04-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Ingenious though `she' may be, she only does what she's told to do.

Know of any flesh and blood women so inclined? I thought not..:D

Semper Fi
04-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Sam, that's a neat looking setup! Can we see more of the underside of your lady's ride? Is that a commercial dust collecter, or did you put it together.

Ernie

dukecreek
04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
While taking tha ball off the crank to ship my machine back to CW for repair, mi wife pointed to the crank and said "THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM.....IT'S A MALE"

Mike
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Ingenious though `she' may be, she only does what she's told to do.

Know of any flesh and blood women so inclined? I thought not..:D

Vashon, Maybe you have not had HER long enough! Believe me when I tell you that she does NOT always do what she is told. I am willing to gamble that many others feel the same way as I do. But! If she always does as she is told, DO NOT let her go! Hang on to her FOREVER!!! LOL!!@!

BoardSilly
04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
As a good ol' Texas boy, all I can say is; You boys are spending WAY to much time in the woodshop.

HillBilly
04-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Semper Fi. So as not to mess up this thread anymore and let it continue and be used for what it should be. That being more of a discussion of the merits of this machine being a "lady" and all, I`m going to post the information about my stand in the "Sawdust Removal" topic started by "BobHill" where I found most of my idea came from in the first place.

Now back to the thoughts about this precious little "Lady". I like many of you do beleive she`s a she and not a he. She`s quite captivating and from what I`ve read from many of you, a bit on the cantankerous side at times. I will agree that she`s a bit high on her demand for attention and maintenance. Sound familiar to any one ? :-)

When I was much younger I drove Volkswagans for many years. I mostly drove type II`s on the road. However I did race beetle`s both on the oval tracks and 1/8 mile bracket runs for many years. Now IMO the Beetle was about the same type of commitment as this machine is. "She`ll" do you right as long as you take the time to "talk" to "her". When you tell "her" you`r going to do something for "her", such as clean her up after every use. Don`t find your self not fulfilling your end of the bargan, as "she`ll" surely get a bit upset about it and leave you stranded when you least expect it.

I`m hoping everyone`s "Lady" is always well treated and behaves accordingly. Should any of you find you can`t support her required care. Please let someone here know, as I`m positive someone will be quite glad to take "her" in to their home. <grin>