PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft

randygeorge
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
How do you lube the flexshaft (properly)

Thanks,

Randy

rjustice
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
CarveWright Users' Forum > CarveWright > Announcements > New Updated Flexshaft Lub. 09/11/06

meat
04-05-2007, 09:19 PM
How do you lube the flexshaft (properly)

Use THIS LINK (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470) to get to the right place (it's faster and easier...much like my exThing :rolleyes:)

Your pal,
Meat.

ganm
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Converted the Recommended Flexshaft Lubrication located in Announcements to a downloadable PDF.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum3/showpost.php?p=13285&postcount=7

The PDF provides some information.

randygeorge
04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok Thanks!! I have one question though. Reading through the forum on multiple issues, everyone says what to fix and what to fix it with, but how do you actually fix or maintain? Is there a book for taking this machine apart? Is there a book for maintaining these parts that need lubed? I am lost, sorry. The manual isn't very helpful.

Thanks,

Randy (Completely Lost)

DocWheeler
04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Randy,
If you have a CompuCarve from Sears, you have no disassembly instructions. It appears that other than cleaning and perhaps waxing the "Y" and "Z" tracks in some places, the only real maintenance is the flex shaft that needs lubed occassionally.

CarveWright and this forum are the best (only) sources of information, maybe Sears will receive training someday.

Ken

randygeorge
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Tell me about it. Yes it is from Sears. Do you have the "extra" manuals?

DocWheeler
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
The only manual that I have is the one that came with my CC. Only from reading posts here have I learned that there are disassembly instructions in the CarveWright manual and that some waxing might be helpful.
From experience, I have learned that using a vacuum near the electronics is a bad idea, and from the forum I hear that robust blowing has two problems - putting dust in bad places and blowing connections loose.

Ken

rjp736
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Randy, check your privates messages

randygeorge
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank you!! I found the flex shaft lube fix in the CW manual off the website. I hope it is as easy as it says it is.

Thanks for your help

-Randy

DocWheeler
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Randy, it is easy, but be careful of excess "oil" getting into things it shouldn't.
Let it sit for awhile and wipe it off the surface before reassembly. Mainly oil the middle as it seems to gravitate toward the ends - just a thought.

Ken