PDA

View Full Version : AI image generators for cnc patterns

oscarl48
09-04-2023, 07:45 PM
Just started playing with AI image generator for cnc pattern creation. It is scary what it can do. It is not perfect but there is a ton of potential. These took about 10 seconds to generate so very little effort. They can not be copyrighted per US patent office but for personal use they are pretty awesome to play with.

want2b
09-05-2023, 10:06 AM
Another field of adventure to enter. I do sit back and wonder what the world of my grandchildren will evolve into. Just hoping they retain some contact with the 'real' world we know to keep them a little grounded in life. Have already noticed an 8 yr old who sometimes mixes the video/social media world into conversations about real life. Working with parents to try and maintain the separation.
Hear a lot of people discussing the impact being felt by society caused by those losing touch with how what they do can have a physical impact, not realizing everybody doesn't get up and go home after the scene plays out.
Off the soapbox, I'm sure you'll find a use for the tool. Any use in your 3D printer world?

oscarl48
09-05-2023, 10:35 PM
I think, at for the image generator, they are better suited to make cool texture backgrounds for our cnc projects. You can use them to displace geometry with a lot of work. Probably easier just to model the projects.