PDA

View Full Version : My new best friend!

MarkJamesDesign
04-05-2007, 02:21 PM
For 18 years my wife has been my best friend. My CC is gaining ground on her. My little buddy is out there in the shop right now makin me $$ while I'm having a snack. I even left to pick my daughter up from school and he kept on working. I've had employees that would have got less work done while I was gone. YeeHaw! Just hope he don't want a raise.

rjp736
04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
FYI. Just keep your eye on the flex shaft tube (heat). I've already had it go from warm to very hot in a matter of minutes. I wouldn't make it a habit of leaving the machine unless you have just done a fresh lube job on it.

MarkJamesDesign
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, my fist carve off the machine ran about 18 minutes and the shaft never really got very more than warm. Today was doing 1/2" cutouts - job was est. at 29 min. and shaft was pretty hot after 20 min. I gave it a break for about 10 to cool off. I will probably make a habit of running short times with small cooling periods. It's easier to add a few min. to the job than add all that down time.

RC Woodworks
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Well my helper will never replace my wife of 23 years! But he is ill and needs to be fixed! Yes I do the same thing I start it go inside and eat, watch tv,go to town etc.

At the end of the month I am buying a Shopbot for a bigger machine. After talking to a really nice lady, I discovered our little helper has many of the same features as the Shopbot.

I just want all the bugs worked out of the CC. I am willing to stick with it until CW does. I called in a refill of Zoloft today I am ready!

-Rick