PDA

View Full Version : Software freezes

RBeau1954
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
When I am trying to create a project with the rectangle feature for the carving area and you click on the green dot in the center left side of the box a small box opens up that requires an input number, either depth or length but no matter what I put in the box I cannot get out of it and have to shut down the program to do anything and when I do shut it down I get a "gui" failure. Anyone had this problem before? I am running 1.12o

Rick

pkunk
04-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Just hit enter, or return to negate any values. It also sounds like you may be short on memory &/or processor power.

Skyhawk
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
If you running on a PC, escape works! (Esc)

MarkJamesDesign
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
i just hit enter to complete the value, then click undo and proceed.

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
If hitting enter about 2 times makes the data block go away then the number turns yellow, it is now locked in that position. To release it from lock, put your mouse over it and right click and select remove attachment.

If moving a object you need the big plus sign with arrow points to be illiminated on the object. This will allow you to move the object. If you get the data box you missed the plus sign. For a small object you might need to zoom in to grab it.

Another thing to check is while your project is open left click on edit then Preferences and check Rendering Cache and up the number to make your project react better.

Have Fun,

AL

RBeau1954
04-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you all, that was the problem, I was hitting the mouse buttons on everything I could see with it just beeping at me, never thought to hit the enter button.

Rick