PDA

View Full Version : The New Raven

Loriblackdog
08-21-2022, 08:15 AM
Has anyone purchased one of these? If so your thoughts on it, and what is the starting price?

Thanks
Loriblackdog

Mugsowner
08-21-2022, 05:21 PM
They are just getting everyone ready for the release next month.

oscarl48
08-21-2022, 09:35 PM
Thanks all. I was unaware of this kickstarter effort. That is cool. Can't wait to see what they showcasing.

want2b
08-22-2022, 06:07 AM
Same here, looks like an awesome machine. Especially the faster carve times, would be interested in how loud it is compared to the current machine.

fwharris
08-27-2022, 12:30 AM
They just released the pricing for it today.

https://www.ravencnc.com/?fbclid=IwAR35bHDgTpoktHW8-axghDps6B-tu_HfTOP6I5RFSGbDTabShJ61lb3_YMs#pricing

want2b
08-27-2022, 05:22 AM
Looks like a lot of improvements. May have out priced the budget of most hobbyists. Will parts for the Carvewright be restocked or will the available parts be it until they run out?

want2b
10-11-2022, 05:12 PM
Watched the videos and really like the improvements. Brushless router eliminates brush replacement issues. Pressure sensor will at least let you know if there is an issue. The gear driven board tracking system looks good, a lot better than the roller. Reusing the part on the board is necessary but wonder about the expense of the tape and the fact the gear strip will rarely fit a new project. Looks like you will have to save a lot of pieces and try to make them fit as best you can. Still it will be a plus when you have a project requiring multiple passes needing to be exact along with forgiveness in the edge of the board along with sleds tracking consistently. If I win the lottery I know what one of my first purchases will be.

dragoncarver
04-07-2023, 09:34 PM
will my old bits and scanner probe work? can i use the hundreds of patterns that i have accumulated?

want2b
04-08-2023, 05:56 AM
The bundle packages for the Raven includes the same bit sets as are sold for the Carvewright and the probe is also listed as an option. Designer 5 is not listed for sale for the Carvewright but in the sale promo for the Raven it lists projects that are for sale such as the tractor and hayride that I have run on my machine so I would say you're patterns are useable.

dragoncarver
04-10-2023, 09:08 PM
thanks i am convinced. i want one. now to start a go fund me site buy jeff a raven :grin:

Rocky
04-23-2023, 11:37 AM
I have had my CarveWright for about 14 years. It's still working fine. I'm interested in the new Raven. When will it actually be available? It seems to always be on pre-order. Are there problems?

want2b
04-23-2023, 06:10 PM
Not a Carvewright rep but believe they have been having pre-production sales giving discounts for ordering before production starts. Think I read somewhere they hope to start shipping in May 2023 of those already ordered and if you buy now you will be added to the list as they probably won't have enough to fill all the orders in the first batch.

kwbcpastor
04-27-2023, 11:55 AM
I got a notice today from carvewright. Due to production stalls and new tooling they are now looking at Sept. for the first release.

RoseIRA
04-27-2023, 05:15 PM
DELAY DELAY DELAY. Seems that's the only thing we're getting. Watch. August 28th they will announce another delay. This is getting ridiculous.
I got a notice today from carvewright. Due to production stalls and new tooling they are now looking at Sept. for the first release.