PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for other things to build

Sarge
04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
These are built using some stuff from V3D, so I can't post the mpc's. They're 11.5" around, to be used as wall decorations. They could be alot smaller for desktop decor or displayed like a plate or picture on the wall or shelf.

If nothing else, they are an example of some things you can develop with minimal effort. Think outside the box. Have fun and be creative

RC Woodworks
04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Very cool Sarge, you say it is from V3D? Is it part of their packaged deals or did you buy them one at a time?

Rick

pamjmayo
04-05-2007, 01:47 AM
It sure didn't take you long to start carving. Glad you are having fun again.
I'm making an anniversary card for my husband out of you know what. I'm using two pictures from my pic file. Have you gone to Corel Draw to improve the pictures, etc.? I'm wondering if it's worth the time and effort to learn a whole new program, spend a whole bunch of money, etc. Anyone have an opionion out there?

Pam

Hawg_man
04-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Pam
Ithink you can do average work without Corel but it also can help bring your work to a much higher level because of all the things it can do. You can buy CorelDRAW X3 for $125 (It includes CorelPaint also) if you serch the net for best price and I would also buy the CorelDRAW X3 Unleashed by Foster D. Coburn III (Amazon $65.95 a book on DVD) a very good Tutorial with Video instructions covering all the capabilities of Corel in laymens terms. You can spend a lot more money buying patterns. My work is much better since investing in Corel and with the video DVD was able to learn in only a couple of weeks. just my 2 cents worth.

Bob

cajunpen
04-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Bob, does CorelDRAW X3 Unleashed by Foster D. Coburn III show much about creating the gray scale that we need for the CW. I'm talking about something similar to what Jon Jantz has provided in his couple of tutorials. Might be worth the investment if it does. I have CorelDraw X3, but don't really need it for much other than my CW work.

kyeakel
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Is the rope boarder from V3D as well? I'd like to get that, what section on their site is it from?

Thanks,

Bill
04-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Is the rope boarder from V3D as well? I'd like to get that, what section on their site is it from?
Hello kyeakel,
This looks like the rope border your talking about from V3D .
http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm?q=rope

Hawg_man
04-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Bill
Yes it has quite a bit of grayscale information included, that is one of the reasons I invested in it, about 50 pages covering all aspects of grayscale. The DVD has over 700 pages all with written and instructional video. Even though I had used Corel in the past I've really improved my skills with this. I primarily use the Corel for my Carvewright projects.

Bob

Mike
04-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Looks good Sarge. I think that rope boarder was only $10.00.

Sarge
04-05-2007, 11:18 AM
The rope border is from V3D and only costs $10. There is a Fire cross on their site also. I'm working on a large assortment of military wall hangings like the Public Safety ones posted below. I know they'll go like hotcakes.

Pam, as far as Corel, I bought it for $120 @ the PX in Ft. Lewis last week. I still haven't used it much. I tend to compile a picture in MS Paint, open it in PowerPoint and adjust the contrast, size, and add extra stuff to it, make the background transparent, change to grayscale and then "save as picture". It serves my purpose. I might eventually get into using the Corel. :rolleyes:

Mike
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Keep up the fine work Sarge! Is your baby back yet?

Sarge
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Mike, It got here two days early on Monday. The turn around for new machine from ordering to delivery was 5 days!!! I'm getting ready to shred some more wood right now.

Mike
04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
GREAT!! Go have some fun!