PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to load jig?

Loriblackdog
11-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Hi All,:confused::confused:
I finally got the jig cut out and put together now can someone please tell me how to load it into the machine. If I am facing the machine the handle to lower and raise the top cover up and down are on my right, do I put the jig so the holes are facing towards the handle? Sorry this is very new to me and need a little help and patience while I figure this out. I would greatly appreciate any help you can send my way, pictures work also......Thank you

Loriblackdog

Dale
11-08-2020, 11:06 AM
I'm assuming you are talking about the Universal Carrier Base? If so yes the touch holes are to the right.

Loriblackdog
11-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Hi Dale, yes I was talking about the universal carrier, thank you for helping me, I had kinda figured that out. Is there any other little tips you can send my way? I appreciate your help.

Thank you
Have a great week

Lori

Dale
11-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Just don't forget to crank the head all the way down when it asks you to load a bit. I have done that several times and the carving is way too shallow and if you crank it down after it starts carving it is way too deep!

Loriblackdog
11-09-2020, 06:25 AM
Thank you so much for your help:D

Dale
11-09-2020, 11:00 AM
I miss spoke about forgetting to crank the head down. If you forget to do that the carving will not be too shallow but the head pressure will not be correct, but I know from experience that if you crank it fully down after it starts carving then it will be way too deep. I did this on centerline text once and it went so deep that the motor started bogging down and the bit was burning the wood.