PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jogging to position

Mikewiz
08-21-2020, 06:15 PM
88480I have never used jog to position function and need some info. The picture shows the wood I want to do center-line text on. I will be cutting it in half to make two separate signs and using a sled. On each half I drew triangles to get dimensions for my virtual board. Now when using the jog function do I jog to the corner of my virtual board or to the location I want the text to start? Hope i am clear on what I'm after. Thanks, Mike

Mugsowner
08-22-2020, 05:51 AM
I have not used jog to corner as of yet, but I do use jog to center a lot. Jog to center mode will put the bit in the cenetr of where the machine figured center to be on the Y axis and you are able to determine the X axis point with the arrow buttons on the key pad.

DickB
08-22-2020, 05:38 PM
As I posted on facebook, I would sue Jog to center. Mark the center of your rectangles on the slab. Make your virtual boards the same size as your rectangles. Place text as you want to have it arranged in the rectangles. Jog to Center moving the pit to the center marks of your slabs. remember that the project will be machined upside down on the slab in the machine..

Mikewiz
08-22-2020, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did a test carve as suggested on Facebook and found that if you jog to corner it jogs to the top left corner of your virtual board. Here is the final carve.88483

DickB
08-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Looks good! Are you going to join the halves back together?

Mikewiz
08-23-2020, 08:34 AM
I did this for a coworker so I don't know what his plan is.