PDA

View Full Version : how i can buy carvewright machine

Finland
04-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Help. Somebody now how i can buy machine to finland?? Because i dont find a place where i can buy to fin. SEARS.com dont buy stuff to finland?

Thanks

LZee
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM
I am very sorry---Sears.com will not ship to Finland.

Try ordering it directly from the CarveWright people here on this site.

Linda
Sears Tools

forqnc
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I may be wrong, but I do not believe CW are ready to export the machine. Greybeard is in Norfolk, England and has been waiting patiently for over a year.

rgant05
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I suspect the same reasons that are keeping Greybeard from getting a machine will apply to Finland also. My guess is it will be quite a while before they have a machine that is ready for import into the European Union countries. Greybeard may have some input or feel for it, but I would say a year or two at least.

Greybeard
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't have any inside knowledge of a European import yet unfortunately.
If you search for some of my posts, about last November, you'll find the reasons for the problem in detail.

Mind you, when that happy day dawns, I won't need to post my response - they'll hear the whoop in US !

My personal suggestion is that for me, getting to know the software and following the problems that are slowly being resolved will stand me in good stead when I do get the machine.

Regards
John

RC Woodworks
04-04-2007, 03:14 PM
The dog gone machine comes from China why can't a machine be sent to Finland or England?

I know this may have been asked before but do you Finland or Graybeard have someone in the States who could buy the CC and ship it Fed X international?

Just a thought?

Gman_Ind
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Europe has recycle law that the manufacturer of all electronic goods are responsible for recycling the used item. US has odd technollogy export laws as well. either way it would be a pain in the rump to export when there is a waiting list to purchase here.

RC Woodworks
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
BUMMER!!! I tried?

MAG
04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Try The Ebay Way

Greybeard
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry guys, but many people miss the sting.
The customs people would impound the item - importing it by whatever method into the EU ain't legal.

A lot of non-EU countries also now have similarly strict rules re the recycling of heavy metals, so I expect the US will get there too, and then all the Chinese manufacturers will also have to comply....blah, blah, blah.
(Gets off soapbox and leaves, stage left, whimpering)

And thanks to the many offers of a bit of smuggle, but no. ;)

Regards
John