PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor or Pattern Sculptor?

Dale
06-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Which program would be easier to smooth these lines out with Pattern Editor or Sculptor?

fwharris
06-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Without seeing the full image I would say either would/should work. I have both but use PE much more than I do Sculptor. That is probably do to I started out with PE and have learned the tools and how to adjust them for what I want to do. Look at all of the features and capabilities in each. Sculptor does allow you to import STL files directly into it were as PE you need to use the slt importer first to make it a pattern before you can edit it. I believe you can trial PE in demo mode but can not Sculptor as it is also a stand alone program.

Dale
06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Thanks Floyd, I have PE just wasn't sure if Sculptor might be faster/easier. I found that you can download the trial version of Sculptor and have been playing with that but now when I double click on a pattern in My Favorites it open Sculptor instead of PE. Is there a way to change that back to PE? Also how can I change a MPC back to a PTN?

lynnfrwd
06-09-2020, 09:48 AM
As for opening in Pattern Sculptor when you double click on the pattern, it select the last program installed. To open in either, right click on the pattern and select the option that you wish to use.

fwharris
06-09-2020, 12:14 PM
Thanks Floyd, I have PE just wasn't sure if Sculptor might be faster/easier. I found that you can download the trial version of Sculptor and have been playing with that but now when I double click on a pattern in My Favorites it open Sculptor instead of PE. Is there a way to change that back to PE? Also how can I change a MPC back to a PTN?

Dale,
That is good to know about Sculptor. Do as Connie said for getting it to open in PE. You can not change a mpc back to a pattern. The mpc is the board that has the pattern on it. If you want to save a pattern that is on a board use the extract pattern tool and it will save the pattern to your favorites.

Dale
06-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Thanks Connie & Floyd, got everything working as it should!