PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to......

rnichols
05-30-2020, 01:48 PM
dbenus and bergerud for their help. Not completly finished yet but getting there. My first question is what would cause the step-up? I went ahead and used it with the ridge on the bottom. again thanks.

dbemus
05-30-2020, 03:14 PM
rnichols

I believe the step up is a fault in the layout of the mpc, I will go back and check and make the correction if necessary. I think I did not set the edges to "0". Glad to see your finished project. I plan to carve it but my dust collection still down.

dbemus

dbemus
05-30-2020, 04:05 PM
rnichols,

I think the step up resulted because on the mpc, I did not turn the floor feather and feather off on each region. Picked that up by reviewing one of the tutorials on the CarveWright site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=L3Hv52VRJsE&feature=emb_logo

rnichols
05-31-2020, 08:14 AM
I very rarely use feather so I'm surprise I did not check it. Still it turn out great and accomplish what I wanted. I too have watch that video in the past but again I did not think of it. The couple of problems that happen were both my mistakes so I can not complained but use them as a learning experience.

oscarl48
05-31-2020, 09:08 AM
Great looking project. Love the memories that the patches brought back. I started my career in TAC but ended in AFGSC which is what SAC evolved to in the modern world.

bergerud
05-31-2020, 09:16 AM
I do not think it was the feather. It appears to be a change in depth. My guess would be that something physically moved during the carve.

rnichols
05-31-2020, 01:08 PM
Still trying to decide if I want my color patches or stay with the OD. :rolleyes: