PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card cannot be red

gelu_b
03-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Dear all,

I'm writing here with the hope that someone could help me to solve the following issue: my CW Memory Card suddenly cannot be recognized by the programmer - I get the message "The flash device could not be initialized". I tried all I had in mind: uninstall the Designer Software, change USB port, nothing worked. Designer software are running under Windows 10 Pro. One intriguing thing is that the card is working with Carvewright machine (I can list on the machine display the files that are inside). Also the Card Programmer is seen by the computer.

Any idea is welcomed (before to buy a new one / it's quite hard to get it as I'm from Romania).

Thank you in advance.

Gelu

fwharris
03-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Look to see if there is any dust or particles in the programmer. It could also be a loose wire connection at the programmer.

gelu_b
03-30-2020, 12:11 PM
Look to see if there is any dust or particles in the programmer. It could also be a loose wire connection at the programmer.

Good point - I'll check it, thank you.

lynnfrwd
03-30-2020, 12:21 PM
Different pins are used when uploading a project and accessing in machine. Look inside for bent pin.

gelu_b
03-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Different pins are used when uploading a project and accessing in machine. Look inside for bent pin.

I opened the programmer and I check it: at the first sight everything seems to be fine (the pins are ok). Then I closed the programmer' enclosure and I did a new try: unfortunately the symptom persists.

fwharris
03-30-2020, 01:04 PM
How did the wiring look?

gelu_b
03-30-2020, 03:00 PM
How did the wiring look?

After your very good question I thought a little and I re-opened the programmer enclosure; then I checked the wires' integrity between USB connector and the input of the PCB: one of the wire seemed to be grounded then I decided to remake the links; I cleaned the PCB input, I shortened the cable and I did new links. No result! The same issue, there is something else wrong here.

gelu_b
03-30-2020, 03:02 PM

Connie, please let me know if there are on your stock the CW Memory Card and the programmer.

Thank you.

lynnfrwd
03-30-2020, 04:30 PM
I assume you are asking if we have them in stock. We do.

rnichols
03-30-2020, 10:21 PM
This sounds like the same problem that I had a few years ago on my desktop. I had 2 readers and cards both had the same problem. I guessing it was caused by an update. I gave up finding a fix. My work around was coping my file I wanted to upload to my laptop and uploading from there. Since just is a hobby for me I put up with it. Last fall I replace my desktop of 15 years with a new on and the problem went away. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but it is just my experience with this error.
Bob