PDA

View Full Version : Getting Err E06-0324 again

cjones
02-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Had this error awhile back but was able to get past it somehow. I haven't carved in about 11 months so the machine has been sitting idle but now I am wanting to get back at it. I have a couple customers who have been patient with me to get a couple things done for them. After researching, I am thinking it the FFC cable but is there anything else I can try to test it. I have an Original CompuCarve i bought in December 2006 that has no upgrades as of yet. I am going to LHR on Monday to get some parts. What would you all suggest I get while I am there to try and resolve this issue. I believe I am going to go ahead and get the A907 upgrade for the original machine which comes with a nerw Z Motor and FFC cable. Anything else I should also get while I am there?

I do have the 250 hr maintenance kit on hand as well. I did check the top brush in the cut motor and it still has plenty of life in it and assume the bottome to be the same. Have over 280 hours on them already and still the original. Purchase this machine at 2017 conference so only a few years old.

Here is the original post I made before: https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?30269-Z-Axis-Stall-Err-E06-0324&highlight=E06-0324

Thanks,

Chris Jones

fwharris
02-22-2020, 11:12 AM
Look at the ffc ribbon cable, it could be torn/cracked. This was similar to the Z stalls I was getting and got the recommendation to get the a907 upgrade.

cjones
02-22-2020, 11:57 AM
I checked the FFC cable and it appears to be OK. See pictures. I did notice on the board on the Z-Motor there is a burn mark by one of the other cable connectors. If you look at the one picture, you will see what I am talking about.

Chris

fwharris
02-22-2020, 12:51 PM
The picture is a bit fuzzy for me to see it good.. The most common place that the cable will break is right at the black support bracket and most times it is hard to see with out magnification or real close view. Try doing a sensor reading on the Y. Move the truck end to end to view how the reading changes. It should be a constant change.