PDA

View Full Version : Cheese cutting boards

oscarl48
12-20-2019, 03:38 PM
My friend asked for two nice cheese cutting boards for two of his friends as gifts. They are personalized using centerline text with their names and some personal language. I won't share the personalization since they are for two different young ladies in two different towns. ;)

Making it sound worse than it is. They are just friends.

Wood is an amazing material. I used African mahogany for the main part and oak, walnut, purple heart and padauk for the end strips. The centerline text came out gorgeous as well. I used the "Poor Richard" font. I will be using it again.

Just wanted to share the before and after mineral oiling of the boards. The Mahogany has almost an opalescent sheen to it.

Also, I believe these are my first cutting boards I have ever made from scratch.

spalted
12-21-2019, 11:31 AM
That oil really made that nice contrast pop!

dbemus
12-21-2019, 01:17 PM
Beautiful Results!! Great gifts that will be appreciated each time they are used!

want2b
12-22-2019, 04:52 PM
May be your first, probably won't be the last. They are beautiful, love the color variations.
Rick H

CarverJerry
12-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Those look Great, and yes the oil does make them pop. That is food grade oil, right?

oscarl48
12-22-2019, 10:37 PM
Thanks all,

The different species really popped with the oil. It is butcher block oil meant for areas involving food preparation.