PDA

View Full Version : Internal lighting for CW machine

rcampbell
10-10-2019, 12:16 PM
The lighting where my CW is located is not ideal. I was thinking if I had some LED's inside the dust cover to illuminate the board surface it might help the board sensor and would certainly give me a better view. I have seen photos of a CW with lights inside. Has anyone ever done it? Where did you pick up the power for the LED strip?

lynnfrwd
10-10-2019, 02:31 PM
There is a customer that sells the Wood-Werx CarveLight through our Third-Party options. It is $39.99 and ships directly from him. Plus $10, if shipping to Canada.

https://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=25014&cat=304&page=1

Mugsowner
10-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Led lighting is great and easy to work with. Being low voltage the issues of shock go away. The intense light from led tends to mess with the measuring process, so it would need to be shut down for this action. I used old pc power supplies to power many of my led projects. I have one in basement that I use to power all my home led lighting. As of now I have three locations powered up, kitchen under cabinet, mail box, and my gazebo. There are 12volt adapters out there for sale that work well also, as I use them in smaller projects, gifts and sale items.

GuyT
10-12-2019, 07:32 AM
I have had no problems with adding LED lighting internal to the CW. I installed the LED light strip on the top of the dust collector so that I can clearly see to be able to change the carving bit. The lighting only partially lights the surface of the board. I use a USB powered LED strip that I found on amazon for less than $6. Although I have read some having problems with a power strip, that is what I use. It has two USB connectors, one for the internal lighting and I use the other to light the keypad. If interested search for ONEVER Flexible Led Strip Lights with USB Cable for TV Computer Desktop Laptop Background Home Kitchen Decorative Lighting, SMD 3528 50CM Cool White.

fwharris
10-12-2019, 12:04 PM
I do not have any machine measuring problems with my LED lighting system in the machine. 12v 1amp power source.

Mugsowner
10-14-2019, 07:00 AM
I do not have any issues at all. This is just of bit of info I picked up here, where others have mentioned issues that may have been caused by the lighting. Not saying you will have problems, but just something to watch for.

CarverJerry
10-16-2019, 01:48 PM
I have no problems with my LED's when the machine measures the board. I also added a few over the display to help me see what is on the screen. Both are wired together and to a 12vdc power supply. This is where I added my lights, I just used a hot glue gun to hold the LED's in place in a few different places. These are the same lights that I use on my lithopanes inside of the box. Hope this helps.