PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Part ........

fw1us
04-02-2007, 06:27 PM
While the machine was carving, I was cleaning the shop. I went over to check the carver and found the attached plastic part laying on the carving piece. The day before I had a "y axis stall ERROR 236", Press Stop" message while carving. That was about 4% into that carving. I came and searched the forum and found about 2 million posts relating to my problem. Today I checked everything that I could that I learned from the forum. (Thanks all) Could find nothing wrong.

I started another carving and at 4% completion, "Check Cut Motor" ERROR. The cut motor was still there so I pressed ENTER and continued cutting. About 10 minutes later, I checked and found the plastic part on the carving as the machine was carving away. The machine carved the project just fine. No more errors after I found the Part.

Does anyone know what it is and where it goes? I will send this to CW also.

Again, thanks to everyone that helps on the forum. You have all helped me a lot.

menewfy
04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
it is not a mystery to me it is the back of a motor heat shield.

take the top cover off and you will see it fits on the back of a silver part that covers the motor.

have fun

fw1us
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
it is not a mystery to me it is the back of a motor heat shield.

take the top cover off and you will see it fits on the back of a silver part that covers the motor.

have fun
Thanks menewfy, Senior Member.

I'm almost afraid to put it back on there. The machine is working so good now. No error messages in 2 days. Thanks again for the help.