PDA

View Full Version : My first serious carvings.....

fw1us
04-02-2007, 06:09 PM
After a "y-axis Stall-Error 236", a check cut motor error, a mysterious part appearing on the board while cutting, and the cutting cable coming loose, this is what my machine produced. Somebody was looking over me. The Bud sign isn't cleaned up yet. I had fun with all of them. I will address the mystery part in another area. I read this forum for a month and got a lot of help from everyone. Thanks to all.:)

MarkJamesDesign
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
That's nice work, but be advised. The mods don't want us posting images of copyrighted materials do to legal issues. (at least that's the word on the street)

fw1us
04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry. I didn't know, sir. I have seen other Coke signs on here, Harley Davidson, etc. I won't post anything anymore. Please don't terminate my membership. I'm enjoying this to much. Thanks for warning me.

I guess I'll get kicked off the forum? Hope not.

pkunk
04-02-2007, 06:42 PM
That's nice work, but be advised. The mods don't want us posting images of copyrighted materials do to legal issues. (at least that's the word on the street)
That's not true. Carve all of those you want. It's the people who are trying to publicly sell them that will get in trouble, not the forum or forum adnin.

MarkJamesDesign
04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I was mistaken. Sorry

Jeff_Birt
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
To further clarify; Compnay logos are Trademarked, not Copyrighted. You can make patterns (.ptn) of them and share no problem. If you SELL a sign with a trademarked logo on it to someone without the consent of the trademark owner then there is trouble. Jon Jantz and others has had a few good posts describing this.

BoardSilly
04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
There are no definitives. A company logo can be, and usually is, trademarked. However, a company logo can ALSO be copyrighted. The logo can be interpreted as a brand recognition, a product descriptor, and an artistic work. At the very least, any company that has a brand trademarks their logo. And most big companies will also copyright it as well.

MarkJamesDesign
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
FW,
So sorry to have opened a can of worms that has greatly overshadowed your first projects. Keep up the good work and good luck to you.

Jim

rgant05
04-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Fw1us,

That is some deeep letters on the Wilberville sign. I am surprised you didn't have problem with chip out. What kind of wood did you use on that one? Overall, very nice work.

Roger

fw1us
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Fw1us,

That is some deeep letters on the Wilberville sign. I am surprised you didn't have problem with chip out. What kind of wood did you use on that one? Overall, very nice work.

Roger
The wood is pine. The letters are way to deep. I will know better the next time. I was really surprised that I didn't get any chip-out. Thanks

Greybeard
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
"Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

You've just shown us what's possible :)

Regards
John