PDA

View Full Version : Photo Editing/Drawing software for a Mac

Gary Koval
07-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got a MacBook Pro and am looking for feedback from members regarding a good, relatively cheap, software similar to CorelDraw which I am familiar with, to purchase without breaking the bank. I am aware of the new CorelDraw but the present $500.00 price tag is not working for me. I would like one that is NOT subscription, and programs like GIMP with its learning curve are just not what I'm looking for. I have downloaded several trials ranging from free to $50.00 none of which I could reasonably figure out.
So any input is appreciated.
Gary

fwharris
07-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Have you looked at paint net?

Gary Koval
07-30-2019, 06:50 AM
Floyd,
The advertisements I read on it said “windows based”. So, no I did not check it, but will...

fwharris
07-30-2019, 10:46 AM
Floyd,
The advertisements I read on it said “windows based”. So, no I did not check it, but will...

I just double checked and it only shows windows. Sorry about that.

oscarl48
08-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Gary, I don't use MAC but I did a quick search and a high number of folks recommended PINTA. Its a free open source program and it looks a lot like Paint.net (UI). I've never used it so can't say one way or another if its any good but since its free it is easy to test it and see if it works for you.

blhutchens
08-01-2019, 07:05 PM
I am using Graphic by Mac . I don't do a lot of photo editing but its easy enough to use. Mainly converting jpg to svg for import to cam software...

mmm126
08-07-2019, 07:55 AM
Gary, My suggestion is Affinity Designer, $49.99. It's similar to Adobe Illustrator. CorelDraw is now available on MAC but like Adobe they've adopted a subscription based plan. You can also purchase the entire CorelDraw Graphics Suite for MAC for $499; ouch! First reviews I've read for Corel on Mac are less than glowing.