PDA

View Full Version : lost licenses

cestout
06-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Last week my computer upgraded to Windows 10 build 1903. Opened Designer this morning and was not licensed. I updated licenses and got Designer running but all addons are not licensed and a bunch of patterns lost their licenses. I needed Horse 2 that is on of my oldest. I looked for it in the store and it is no longer there, not is Mare and Foal. I found my invoice on line for Mare and Foal and copied and pasted the SN. The system said the number was invalid. I need those patterns! How do I get the add-ons and Patterns back?
Clint

DianMayfield
06-23-2019, 09:36 AM
Clint, did you log into your account? It should show what patterns you have assigned to which machine. I once found that my licenses for some items were still assigned to a really old computer. CW had to remove the old machine to release them for use.

cestout
06-23-2019, 01:47 PM
I plan to call tomorrow.

cestout
06-23-2019, 01:49 PM
What really concerns me is that some of my oldest and most used purchased patterns are no longer in the store.

fwharris
06-23-2019, 02:28 PM
What really concerns me is that some of my oldest and most used purchased patterns are no longer in the store.

Did you loose everything on your hard drive? Did you have anything backed up?

oscarl48
06-23-2019, 05:35 PM
This is a good reminder to back up all our stuff. My new computer just died this week. I am hoping it was my cutting edge graphics card (RTX 2080) that died and not the hard drive but don't know for sure. I'm going to call the company and see if they can do anything for me.

lynnfrwd
06-24-2019, 03:25 PM
This was just a matter of his computer operating system doing an update and changing his computer ID. All of his registered patterns & projects were still stored on his customer account. We deactivated his old computer, so he could re-register it.