PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall 06-0313

want2b
05-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Started a project and the moment I selected the project the Z Axis stall appeared on the screen. The truck was in the center of the machine never moved, I did not hear any sound indicating a 'homing' attempt.
I first verified that I could easily move the truck in any direction without resistance. From responses previous posts I pulled of the cover on rear of the Z motor and verified everything was clean. Again from prior postings I replaced the FFC cable. Next I replaced the Z motor termination board, got the same error after all.
When I do a 0-7 and go to the sensor check for the Y & Z both readings changes when I move the truck .
The moment I select a project I get the stall message without hearing or seeing any attempt of movement. This is a back up machine with 30 hours on a new Controller.
Suggestions on the next step?
Thx, Rick H

bergerud
05-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Do you notice the difference in truck resistance to movement when the power is on Vs off. The z motor not getting power will cause an immediate stall.

Mike1
05-06-2019, 06:26 AM
Did you try flashing the card and trying a different pattern

want2b
05-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Do you notice the difference in truck resistance to movement when the power is on Vs off. The z motor not getting power will cause an immediate stall.

No difference in resistance, think you have hit it . Didn't think about that test, in my mind seeing the position numbers change during the check was enough. Didn't realise the processor would be able to see the encoder without power. Learn something new everyday(if I pay attention) Also no difference when I move the Y. Guess I need a power supply, one of the things I don't have a spare off.
Thx a million, Rick H.

want2b
05-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Did you try flashing the card and trying a different pattern

I did try a different card, forgot to mention that earlier.
Thx for the reply, Rick H

want2b
05-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Replaced the ribbon cable from the controller up to the terminal board. First and hope the last time, quite a pain in the XXX. Anyway, stall error message gone. Haven't had time to do a carve to see what else I may have messed up with all the process but happy the stall is gone.
Thx for all the help, Rick H

Mike1
05-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Good luck Rick, we feel your pain..

Mugsowner
05-06-2019, 07:19 PM
I saw a power supply for sale on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/163615668390?ul_noapp=true

Digitalwoodshop
05-07-2019, 11:00 PM
My suggestion was going to be to swap the controllers thinking it was a Servo Driver.... Glad you made progress.

want2b
05-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Just an FYI update, got time to try a carve and a 1 1/2 hr one ran fine.
Rick H

Mike1
05-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Great to hear, thanks for the update.