PDA

View Full Version : Spoke too soon about the cover issue

RC Woodworks
04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I spoke too soon why would I think it would work? I finished a sign and still have the cover problem. When I make contact on the right side switch it sometimes turns the cut motor. So I don't know I left a message with CW I guess we will see.

rgant05
04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I still think you would have been far ahead to just have kept machine #1, work the problems out and be done with it. My theory is that there is potential problems in all machines..... work them out and no longer have the problem. Just my thoughts but from a distance looks sound. When you get a new machine, you start all over again from zero.

Have you pulled the flat ribbon cable out of the z-truck yet? That will be what they will have you do, although it will disable the feature of having a scanner probe until they get a fix for it.

RC Woodworks
04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Yep Roger did that already. No my first machine was really screwed up I was advised by CW to exchange it.

But yes I am rolling that facts around in my head. I just got off the phone with my wife and told her the same thing. Again time is the issue do I exchange and get a new one in a week? Or do I let it go to Texas for who knows how long?

I am seriously considering just wash my hands of this............... machine and using the money for something else

Mike
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey RC don't dispair! I had a simular problem. It could be a loose ribbon cable. Are you getting any other error messages? I ended up having to check my board sensor and I had a pinched cable. FACTORY problem!!! There is only a plastic cover over those wires and I was getting ALL sorts of problems. LHR sent me 2 new boards and that eliminated some of my troubles. Believe it or not the open cover message may not have anything to do with your cover. Have you ever had your machine open in the probe mode?

Termite
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Had the cover problem half way thru a carving - deleted the design and reloaded it - flipped the board over and it works fine now. I ran it all weekend with no problems.

RC Woodworks
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Nope I removed that ribbon cable did not work. It has a short somewhere, I can close the cover a few times and then it will turn the cut motor. So power is starting the motor for a second enough for the flex shaft to turn the cutting motor

Mike
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Mine would do that too. after a few times with the cover it would spin for just a second.

RC Woodworks
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Mike, isn't that strange? Sounds like it is shorting and causing a back feed or arch? Well my CC was just picked up and off for repair. I hope I hope I hope do I mention I hope? !!! I hope they repair all the issues and I become one of minority!

-Rick

Gman_Ind
04-05-2007, 08:31 AM
#4 off to the repair shop??? say it isn't so!
its a good thing you can hand carve your work still.
BTW i had a scare I had a Z axis plunge error, the bit length bar did not flip all the way out and it threw off the calibration, much cleaning and a tiny bit of lube on the cam and it is back. Whew.

Mike
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I am always keeping an eye on my machine until it is actually carving the project. That flip bar is a nightmare.