PDA

View Full Version : Unable to change Stain/Finish settings

WRW
04-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Hi all I am working with Designer 3, just this morning I am unable to change the Stain/Finish under Board Settings. Used program last week all was fine, when I opened today all I get is a light brown background and program ignores any choice I try to make in the Stain/Finish tab of Board Settings. Looked through forum found information on adding colors but nothing on color choice not showing. I reloaded version that I had and I have upgraded to the latest version of Designer 3 which has not worked. Any assistance would be appreciated, It does not seem to impact anything else as I am able to continue other functions as usual. Thanks

DianMayfield
04-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Hi Richard, so you don't have the grid to the right showing the different color woods that are available normally, you just see the light wood?

DianMayfield
04-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Richard,

Read your post again.. sorry!

Whenever I make a two tone board, I always start with the core thickness. It does't seem to respond predictably if I start with the skin.

WRW
04-19-2019, 02:46 PM
Hi DianMayfield
It does not seem to matter which I set first. All the choices are there, even one I added to day just to see if it would work. I have tried setting both to the same, one first then the other first but when I save nothing changes.

DianMayfield
04-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Hi Richard,

I am using ver 3.1

When you open this MPC, do the colors work?

WRW
04-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the test. - But no it removes the grain leaving only a light brown background

bergerud
04-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Maybe you have the texture set to none? view - texture - wood

WRW
04-21-2019, 07:18 PM
Thanks bergerud - that was it. And here I was looking for a complicated reason, I can not figure how I managed to toggle that but Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the weekend.