PDA

View Full Version : Close cover error

RC Woodworks
04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I know this subject has came up before. I did a search after it happen to me and it seemed there is more then one way to solve this problem.

I was having the problem hit a miss. I would have to close the cover a few times and it would reset. I checked the cable as one member call it the size of Montana! Well I wiggle it seemed ok, then I checked the leads into the switches they were fine.

Then I cleaned the switches and it closed. I reopened it during a project and had to close a few times and tried it again with no problem.

Well I will using my CC at fairs away from home and I need it to work! So I spoke to Hope at CW and she asked me if I used a probe? I told her no, she asked will I ever? I told no I don't see a need for it.

Then she instucted me to manually lower the cutting motor to see a plastic tab on the Z axis. She told me to remove the tab and I would see a small cable. I did see it and she told me to pull down and lift it out. This unplugged one side of the cable on the inside.

Once I had the end I had to pull straight up. This took a little pressure because this end is glued in. So after that no more close cover problems.

This will only work for those of us without probes or never plan on getting a probe. So I don't what you would do other then giving your CC a trip to Texas !

BoardSilly
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Darn good info to know.