PDA

View Full Version : Red index line on chuck?

Navigator
04-02-2007, 11:31 AM
What is the purpose of the red index line on the chuck. Is it for inserting the scan probe?

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I use it for a reference line to install the bit with the set screws left and right of the red line.

AL

revved_up
04-02-2007, 01:55 PM
it lines up with the red line on the inside of the chuck sombody posted a pdf copy of the full text from the Sears quick chuck manual it is the same principal even if the jury is still out as to if it is the same chuck. ( I fall in with the people who believe it is )

CallNeg151
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
it lines up with the red line on the inside of the chuck sombody posted a pdf copy of the full text from the Sears quick chuck manual it is the same principal even if the jury is still out as to if it is the same chuck. ( I fall in with the people who believe it is )

I have both chucks. I bought the Sears unit to get the wrench (it was as cheap for me to buy a similar wrench and three adapters, so I just got the set).

The Sears quick-change base IS the same, however it is not usable in the Carvewright because the way they mount to the shafts are different (the Sears unit has a threaded split mounting column that is designed to fit around the outside of your solid router shaft and then tightened).

Gman_Ind
04-07-2007, 04:55 PM
just a note, I just picked up 1/4" and 1/2" bit adapter sets on sale $9.49 for set of 3. they look identical to CW bit adapters. i will try a test in a few minutes.

Dan-Woodman
04-07-2007, 05:01 PM
If they are from sears they will fit .