PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Letters & Carving Centerline Type

advadv
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Can anyone help me with these two questions:
How to cut out letters? I can't seem to make an outline path from type set in the CarveWright Designer. I want to be able to cut out individual letters.
Second,
How to carve centerline type? The CarveWright website says you can do it, but not included in the basic software. I didn't know there were other versions of the software, and can't seem to find anymore information on this.

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

BTW: awesome machine. Picked it up Saturday morning and had two signs carved by the end of the day. Painting and finishing them now... will post a photo later today.

Charles M
04-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the group. Centerline text was in an earlier version of the software but is no longer included. It is slated to be released as an add-on soon. Here's a thread that covers the topic in some detail along with some workarounds:
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1926

Skyhawk
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Can anyone help me with these two questions:
How to cut out letters? I can't seem to make an outline path from type set in the CarveWright Designer. I want to be able to cut out individual letters.
Second,
How to carve centerline type? The CarveWright website says you can do it, but not included in the basic software. I didn't know there were other versions of the software, and can't seem to find anymore information on this.

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

BTW: awesome machine. Picked it up Saturday morning and had two signs carved by the end of the day. Painting and finishing them now... will post a photo later today.

If you place a letter on a board, right-click it and select Outline Pattern...Once it's outlined you can either select the Cut Path icon, or select the bit and choose the bit and depth of the cut. The Cut Path will leave tabs in place so that the final product isn't damaged while it finishes...

advadv
04-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys... still don't quite get the centerline thing yet. Will have to read through the thread later. Could not get type to outline for the menu, but worked fine with right-click. Had to change the mouse on my (Mac) computer to be able to right-click. It's always something....

Thanks again. I'll keep working on the centerline.

Greybeard
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi advadv.
If you plough your way through the centreline thread and need any assistance with my workaround, please feel free to mail me.
Regards
John