PDA

View Full Version : Software Version

alan.galbraith
02-14-2019, 01:36 PM
I have been out of touch with my Carvewright and would like to know if I can download newest version of software without going thru upgrading.

dbemus
02-14-2019, 02:27 PM
If I understand your question correctly, yes you can.

Open Designer

Click on "Help"

Click on "Check for Updates"

Also check the box in front of "Automatically Check for Updates"

Hope this helps!

lynnfrwd
02-14-2019, 03:46 PM
please note: if you have 1.182 or older version installed, you must first remove that version via your control panel as the new 1.188 version will not override 1.182 or older installation.

alan.galbraith
02-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Thank you both, It was not painful at all.

Hasher
03-27-2019, 04:29 PM
I have just upgraded to new version 1.188 for my new Mac, instead of a pointer I have a spinning black and white ball, it's not the ball that Mac has. Software operates ok but a pointer would be more accurate. Am I doing something wrong?

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2019, 05:53 PM
please note: if you have 1.182 or older version installed, you must first remove that version via your control panel as the new 1.188 version will not override 1.182 or older installation.

That would be ME.... I am 1.182 and would have just updated and crashed the program. Thank You for the heads up Lynnfrwd.

Where can I find the improvements with 1.188?

:) AL software in not my strong point.

Dale
03-27-2019, 06:13 PM
I get that black and white spinning wheel after I upgraded from OS Sierra to OS Mojave.

Hasher
03-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Mojave in the os I have, my old Mac had Sierra and it worked fine.

cedarwoodworks
05-19-2019, 12:06 PM
I have the newest version, and have been making signs since 2012. With going through the designing stages, I, to many times lose what I was designing and then stops running. I have a laptop with windows 7 (HP pavilion g7). Could it be my laptop? If so, what should I change to, if money wasn't a problem? Or is there some updates I need within my computer? Thanks for any ones help. Larry

bergerud
05-19-2019, 01:14 PM
Have you disabled the file preview feature? It can be a major cause of Designer crashing. Under the help menu - disable previews.

cedarwoodworks
05-19-2019, 03:02 PM
Thanks, just checked and it was still enabled.

fwharris
05-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Also increase the rendering cache size.

GuyT
05-22-2019, 09:47 AM
I can not but wonder what, if any, issues or enhancements are being considered or are being worked on. I do not experience many of the issues that have been listed except for STL importing. Both of the computers I am using have large memory banks and that may be one reason. I am using the software on a PC, one with Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. I do get crashes on the Windows 10 PC, especially when I try to copy large patterns (lots of small connected lines) from an existing design to a new design. Lets hope that some of the issues do get resolved.

henry1
05-22-2019, 10:01 AM
I can not but wonder what, if any, issues or enhancements are being considered or are being worked on. I do not experience many of the issues that have been listed except for STL importing. Both of the computers I am using have large memory banks and that may be one reason. I am using the software on a PC, one with Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. I do get crashes on the Windows 10 PC, especially when I try to copy large patterns (lots of small connected lines) from an existing design to a new design. Lets hope that some of the issues do get resolved.

call me will send a private message with my phone number

fwharris
05-22-2019, 10:07 AM

Things that should help,

Increase your rendering cache size in the preference settings.

Disable file preview under the help tab.

Try to minimize the number of pattern you keep in your pattern library.

GuyT
05-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Floyd: all your suggestions were implemented a long time ago when I first started with the CW. Like I stated, the problem only occurs when I am doing something bizarre so I don't really feel it is an issue. i have found ways around the issue. I would just like to see the capability of the software mirror the capability of the CW machine. There are so many STL files available for purchase that can not be carved without a reduction in quality. I do this for fun, not for profit. Most of my effort has been to support charities and friends.