PDA

View Full Version : hobby beginner

craftworks
02-05-2019, 01:24 PM
I am considering the CarveWright system. Is anyone near Tampa, Fl that would like to show off their stuff and equipment?

mtylerfl
02-06-2019, 10:14 AM
I am considering the CarveWright system. Is anyone near Tampa, Fl that would like to show off their stuff and equipment?

I'm about a 5 hr. drive away in Brunswick, GA (I used to live in Bradenton - but that was over a decade ago)

DickB
02-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Lake Placid.

craftworks
02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Thank you for responding. That is quite a ride. There is a retailer in Orlando that I might check out it is about 2 hours to Altamonte Springs Florida from Tampa to visit Rockler.

lynnfrwd
02-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Call first and make sure they have someone available that knows how to demonstrate it.

DickB
02-07-2019, 04:42 PM
2 hours Tampa to Lake Placid. I'm guessing that I have more experience than Rockler employee. Just sayin'.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

mtylerfl
02-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Yes! Visit Dick B - he is a great guy, experienced and knowledgeable with the CarveWright CNC!

its very, VERY unlikely a store employee will have any experience at all, and might result in a wasted trip for you.

oscarl48
02-08-2019, 02:43 PM
lol. If I had the chance I would be over at Dick's place every weekend plying him with good liquor (or favorite libation) and stealing all his wood working secrets.

He has created some phenomenal projects.

Mugsowner
02-08-2019, 04:58 PM
I would have to agree with the group and say see Dick. I have never met the man, but from what I see here he would be the one to see. Most sales people I have come across do not have a clue about what they are selling.

DickB
02-08-2019, 05:08 PM
lol. If I had the chance I would be over at Dick's place every weekend plying him with good liquor (or favorite libation) and stealing all his wood working secrets.

He has created some phenomenal projects.Any single malt will do! ;)

frigidadmirable
01-30-2024, 07:06 AM
I find myself aligning with the sentiments expressed by the group, particularly in endorsing Dick. While I haven't had the chance to personally interact with him, the impressions gathered from the discussions here suggest that he stands out as someone worth seeking out. In my experience, many salespeople often lack a profound understanding of the products or services they're promoting. It's refreshing to hear positive feedback about Dick, emphasizing the importance of expertise and knowledge in the sales profession.

Maria2023
01-30-2024, 08:54 PM
Thank you for responding.