PDA

View Full Version : Vector Group, Make Pattern?

spalted
01-06-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm rusty because I haven't had much time to use my Carvewright the last few years, so I have to come here begging for help.
I haven't been able to find a solution in the Software docs or searching the forum.

I drew this up using the 2D advanced tools, and got what I wanted, but I can't seem to save it as a pattern.87063

If a select "All In the Group", the Make Pattern option is greyed out.
If I select only the "Group" It creates a raster carve instead of a vector V-carve type pattern.

Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks.

DickB
01-08-2019, 08:19 AM
Make Vector Group applies a V bit. Patterns are carved using a carving bit. Are you wanting to convert your project to a carving, or keep it as a V carve?

spalted
01-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Make Vector Group applies a V bit. Patterns are carved using a carving bit. Are you wanting to convert your project to a carving, or keep it as a V carve?

Thanks Dick,
I think your question may have answered mine.

I was trying to save it as a pattern, but maintain the V carve.
I assume from what you said that is not possible?

DickB
01-09-2019, 07:53 AM
That is correct.

spalted
01-09-2019, 11:40 AM
That is correct.
Thanks Dick, I sure appreciate the help.

cestout
01-10-2019, 06:01 PM
There is a real advantage to this. If making a tube (or partial tube like furniture - grips- for a simi-auto rifel) it works great for repeatability. See my cupcake stand project in the store.
Clint

spalted
01-11-2019, 04:48 PM
There is a real advantage to this. If making a tube (or partial tube like furniture - grips- for a simi-auto rifel) it works great for repeatability. See my cupcake stand project in the store.
Clint

Thank Clint,
I think I need to spend some more time getting feel for it, I can't see the repeatability advantage yet.
but I'm sure as I spend more time with it it will start to make sense.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

DickB
01-11-2019, 05:38 PM
ClintClint, sorry, but sure what you mean. I tried downloading your project but the software says I need a license.

cestout
01-17-2019, 06:46 PM
This makes a tube. The original design used a 90deg V bit. Making it a pattern has the carving bit make the miter.
Clint