PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Trucks

cestout
12-23-2018, 07:11 PM
I made these dump trucks for my two youngest grandsons and first great grand daughter - the older 4 are getting Native American Wind Flutes (made on the CarveWright). The Truck is based on a Tough Enoug Toy Truck project I got online.

Joe's red Christmas truck is one I am going to do but my wife won't let me do and carving until after Christmas - no sawdust tracking into the house. But I was disappointed that the wheels glue on and don't roll. I just designed rolling wheels for it that use the maple axel pegs that I have a bunch of left over from the dump trucks (come 100 to a bag for about $10). If they work I will share.
Clint

BTW if anyone noticed I haven't been here for a while - just been very busy - Christmas presents, projects for money, and community stuff.

MRcarvey
12-23-2018, 07:16 PM
Those are very nice! Also, what do the flutes look like and how did you use the CW to make them, if you don't mind sharing...

dbemus
12-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Really nice looking trucks!! The kids will be delighted something very special made by a loving and proud Granddad!!

mtylerfl
12-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Those trucks are wonderful gifts!! Great job!

oscarl48
12-24-2018, 03:23 PM
They came out great. A labor of love cause they look like they took a long time to build. :)

Merry Christmas.

Dale
12-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Good job on the trucks!

cestout
12-25-2018, 05:36 PM
This is an A# version. I also make an F# version = 4" longer. Some time in the near future I plan to post it in the store as a project, but it is a complex project to do so writing the instructions will be complex. I can't include the stand because I used two purchased patterns. Would the truck be a good project for the store - would anyone be interested in it? I have a bunch of stuff in the store that has never been purchased. But I don't know lately because they stopped letting me know what sold when I get my check.
Clint

Mugsowner
12-25-2018, 07:19 PM
This is an A# version. I also make an F# version = 4" longer. Some time in the near future I plan to post it in the store as a project, but it is a complex project to do so writing the instructions will be complex. I can't include the stand because I used two purchased patterns. Would the truck be a good project for the store - would anyone be interested in it? I have a bunch of stuff in the store that has never been purchased. But I don't know lately because they stopped letting me know what sold when I get my check.
Clint

I would think they both would do well on the market. The little trucks look awesome, some of the best wooden trucks I have seen.

dbemus
12-26-2018, 02:41 PM
I agree with Mugsowner. I would like to see both projects in the store. I am sure they would be sellers. Great work!