PDA

View Full Version : Machine spitting board out when measuring

Cgav34
12-22-2018, 02:22 AM
Every time I load a board, and the machine measures it, it measures the width fine but just keeps rolling past the end of the board, and spits the board out; then gives me a tracking error then a roller stuck error.

I was running a board that was painted with a grey stone texture at first, so I thought that was messing up the sensor; but, after applying masking tape where the sensor travels as well as loading a piece of unpainted pine, it's still doing it.

Pulled the sensor off and cleaned it, cleaned everything and checked all the wiring...no help.

Any ideas?

Mike1
12-22-2018, 08:17 AM
The same happened to me this week. In my case I was trying to carve a board that was about 7/16", it kept spitting it out . Changed board to 3/4" and it worked just fine.

myshop1044
12-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Check your roller sw.s on the left side panel, if the limit sw is full sawdust it will not let the rollers drop
and keep rolling out the board. Remove the keypad panel and check the switches.

Dale
12-22-2018, 02:01 PM
I've had luck with just compressing the roller by hand several times. Not as good as cleaning out the switch but it may get you going until you have more time.

dbemus
12-22-2018, 03:42 PM
This video may help: http://support.carvewright.com/cleaning-the-compression-rollors/