PDA

View Full Version : x-mas wreath cut path problem

bayea
10-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Why does the cut path mess up so bad ???
i did a trace pattern then cut path. every thing look fine in the software
but then it comes out like this !

henry1
10-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Why does the cut path mess up so bad ???
i did a trace pattern then cut path. every thing look fine in the software
but then it comes out like this !

if you were around i could see your problem on your computer tru teamviwer I have project myself were do you live can help

fwharris
10-21-2018, 07:01 PM
You lost board tracking during the cut out. Verify your head pressure is good and that the board does not have any bad edges that go over the brass roller. Use masking tape on the bottom edge of the board that goes over the brass roller.

If you are cutting this with multi pass change your pattern with a larger feather and then do it in a single pass.

bayea
10-21-2018, 10:52 PM
thanks ! the other carvings i did were fine.
will put masking tape on the bottom edge of next carve. checked, all edges were good.
there is no feather on this project. how do i set up for multi pass?
running project designer 1.180.
should i use the 3/8' cutting bit instead of the 1/8" ?

SteveNelson46
10-22-2018, 10:20 AM
thanks ! the other carvings i did were fine.
will put masking tape on the bottom edge of next carve. checked, all edges were good.
there is no feather on this project. how do i set up for multi pass?
running project designer 1.180.
should i use the 3/8' cutting bit instead of the 1/8" ?

Address your slippage problem first. Setting the max pass depth may help.

I wouldn't use the 3/8 cutting bit. There are too many little crevices where even the 1/8" bit has some difficulty.

Attached is a screen shot of the cutout dialogue box. Select the cutout and use the "Edit Cutout" tool on the toolbar. In the lower left corner you can set the "Max Pass Depth". The settings shown is what I use most often on 3/4" thick boards. Also, make sure the cutout is flipped to the outside.

You could also use a "Pierced Project" instead of the cutout tool. The advantage is that the entire project only uses the 1/16" carving bit and you can control the placement of the manual tabs. The disadvantage is that it will take a little longer to carve. Here is a link to a video I made awhile back showing how I did it with the Pierced Heart Project. I think the part showing how to set up the pierced carve region begins about 6 minutes into the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jR3LNRxqJebmlNa1AtT19lWkk/view?usp=sharing

bayea
10-22-2018, 11:14 AM
ok, now i understand the "max pass depth"
thank you !!!

dbemus
10-22-2018, 03:37 PM
I may be missing something, but this looks like a Project of The Month so cut path would be designed in. Why would you need to outline and set a new cut path??? Excuse me if I am being "dumb". I'm used to it ;-)

bayea
10-22-2018, 08:54 PM
because i had to move the patterns around a bit and i have had previous problems with it not cutting the pattern out correctly.
i thought it was a "cut path" problem when i moved the pattern, so i would set a new cut path.
not understanding until now that it was actually a board tracking problem. :-)

dbemus
10-24-2018, 09:21 AM
OK thanks for the reply!