PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance in ncleaning up a pattern

cjones
10-14-2018, 04:49 PM
I am trying to get a pattern cleaned up but have gotten it about as good as I can. Can anyone here see if they can do any better. Attached is the .MPW file, .JPG file and a picture of one I have carved already. As you can see, some of it came out but the background in the star is rough and the bottom point is completely obscure.

Thanks,

Chris

oscarl48
10-14-2018, 09:11 PM
I found a slightly larger image and cleaned that up to normalize the height. I don't believe you will get a good carving due to detail in the graphic and the small size you are carving but good luck. Hopefully this can help.

cjones
10-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Thanks Oscar. I will try it out later today and see how it works. Not expecting great detail but my Mom would like a little so as others can tell what it is.

Chris

SteveNelson46
10-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Maybe something like this?

cjones
10-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks Steve. I got the project done with the one Oscar was able to clean up. The only problem I had when it was completed was the lines breaking due to I forgot to add ant draft to it. Other then taht, My mom is happy with the picture I sent her. Attached is the final carve before cleanup and staining. Using a Natural stain with Poly clear coats to seal.

I appreciate all of your assistance.

Chris

oscarl48
10-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Very clean and attractive sign. Very nicely done. :)