PDA

View Full Version : Help with making stars using the v60 bit

spidee601
10-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Attached is what I have been using to make stars for flags, but I want to be able to use the V60bit to cut the stars; it will not only save me time but it will be a cleaner cut. I've tried everything to get it to work but it will not let me select the V60 once I make it a carve region. All other cnc machines use the v60 for stars so I am hoping the carvewright can do it as well. I am hoping that someone on here will know some workaround so that the v60 bit can be used. Any help would be appreciated.

fwharris
10-13-2018, 11:19 AM
You can not select the the V60 bit as a pattern bit from the board settings. That is only for tapered ball nose bits for all of the patter/raster carvings on the design board.

You need to use the "make vector group" feature..

fwharris
10-13-2018, 12:05 PM
You can not select the the V60 bit as a pattern bit from the board settings. That is only for tapered ball nose bits for all of the patter/raster carvings on the design board.

You need to use the "make vector group" feature..

To do this you do need the Pro version software.

spidee601
10-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Think I got it, I did the vector group like above, set the puffing to bevel .047, and it looks like I might work.

Thanks for the help Floyd

fwharris
10-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Think I got it, I did the vector group like above, set the puffing to bevel .047, and it looks like I might work.

Thanks for the help Floyd
When you use the puffing tool that turns it into a carve region and then it will carve like a pattern with the 1/16" carving bit. If you want to carve these with just the V bit you do not want to use the puffing tool.