PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error on flash device

a-abrown
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
After a successful project, I attempted to upload another design. Got the "Flash device could not be initialized." (Repeatedly tried to reseat the card in the reader with no new result.) Same error when I tried Flash Manager. Tried card in Carver and got Memory card Error (1); then fatal error. Now what? Do I need to replace the memory card or return it to CW??

Jeff_Birt
04-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Try this, unplug the card reader, plug the card into the reader, start Designer and then plug in the reader (which has the card in it). Does this work? If not give CW a call.

a-abrown
04-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Tried that routine with same, negative, results. Called CW. They stated that the card had been corrupted and they would send a new one. They also stated that they had just received [3 April] a new stock of memory cards (for all those who had been waiting).

Skyhawk
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I do get this message if more than one version of Designer is running...

Check to see if the green light is lit on the reader which will tell if it has power (this doesn't mean that i is functional though)

Try a different USB port or better yet a different machine...

If it still fails it sounds like the reader is defective.

Kenm810
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Same here,
Card reader acted dead except for green light.
I tried a different usb port on my hub and rebooted
the computer --- it worked, so I'm of the the races

adoni
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I have had my machine just under 3 months. When I first got it, the card worked in the CC, but not in the reader. When I took it back to the CC then it wouldn't work there, all I got was black squares. Send the card in for replacement. Received a new one on 4/2, put it in the CC, it worked. Went to my PC, XP told me that it found a new device .. I was elated. Fired up Designer to load a project I had worked on while waiting for the card. Designer said it couldn't find a card. I was in shock. Took it out of the reader and took it to the CC, black squares. My guess is the reader/programmer fried my new card. A new reader is on the way as I type.

I'm being patient ...

KJR
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Our computer gives us a error code 126. And, all we have is a bar of dots on the top line when the card is in the machine. Any ideas?