PDA

View Full Version : One Carving now nothing

Warden
04-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Picked up my machine yesterday (3-31) and couldn't get home fast enough to try it out. Reread the manual again, created a project and to the machine I went. Everything ran smooth, the carving finished, the motor shut down, the bit lifted off the work piece and the LCD went blank. I shut off the power switch happy as a lark not knowing anything went wrong. Back to the PC to try another simple project. Went to upload it to the card and there it was - Y axis stall. I then upgraded to 1.120, flashed the card, loaded the project and went to the machine. I have nothing at the power switch, no LCD readout. Searched the forum and found that it may be a faulty power source. No problem just need to call CarveWright. Then I went to clean up and found a small plastic piece under the machine-see picture. Anyone have a suggestion as to whether I should just call Sears and exchange for new machine or go through the wait for parts/repair from CarveWright? I am not giving up, I see the potential and am willing to work through the problems/learning curves.

pkunk
04-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I might help if you could attach a better picture & an explanation of what it is-size, etc. Scroll down and click on the attachments tab and you'll see what you can upload. The more pixels(within guidelines) the better.

Warden
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Pkunk,

Here is a better picture. I found it underneath the machine when I was cleaning up. I do not know where it came from but I wonder if it may have something to do with the y axis stall message. Thanks.

Cliff
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Free parts!

Look to the left side of the Z truck is there one there? Not sure but think after version 1.119 it became obsolete and may have been thrown in for grins. Do a full power cycle of your machine, not only by turning it off but unplug it for a short while so the caps can drain.

Cliff

Warden
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I left the machine unplugged for about 10 hours before plugging back in and trying to turn it on. Still nothing. No readout whatsoever on the LCD display.
I called the Sears store where I bought it and they offered to get a new machine in for exchange so I decided to go that way. The new machine is "supposed" to be in on the 6th of April. I figured it would be a wash between waiting for parts/sending in and waiting to get a new machine. Thanks for the responses Cliff and Pkunk. I have been reading the forum for some time now awaiting my purchase and look forward to picking everyones brain from time to time.

Digitalwoodshop
04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your machine.

I fought the picture problem too.... Here are some hints that helped me. You are limited to 97.7 KB for a jpeg image posted to the forum, but if you do it right the pictures will look good.

Open the picture in your photo program, I use Corel Draw. Select the picture and find "Image Properties". Could be as simple as right clicking on the image.

You want to change 2 things in the Image Properties.

1. Resolution, Horizontal and Vertical in DPI or Dots Per Inch I believe it is called.

I reset them from 72 H. and 72 V. to 125 H. and 125 V. See what works best for you, some use 150. The higher the DPI, the better the quality picture but the bigger the file size. You want the values to be Identical Values.

2. Next I change the Image Size as part of Image Properties. My digital camera makes 17 x 13 inch print format prints. I change the 17 to 6 and press apply. This makes the print smaller.

Now I want to Optmize for Internet. You can select jpeg, gif, or png on my program. I use jpg.

Using the slider adjusting the compression, then pressing preview keep doing that until you get a image size of less than 97.7 KB but close but not over that size. When set, select Save Optimized and it will make a file with web after it.

Good Luck,

AL