PDA

View Full Version : cut motor won't stop and runs spuratic

oldjoe
08-31-2018, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone just was doing some projects and have developed a problem with my machine. the cut motor will not shut off when it is supposed to. And it run sporatic. I did a search for the problem and it came up with replace brushes. So I did that and also did the motor speed sensor. But really no change.
Changing the brushes didn't make sense since the motor won't shut off.
I call LHR last week and was told an engineer would email be solutions. But no luck there easy.
So I come here for expert advice and input
Thanks in advance for help

bergerud
08-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Check the x termination board under the machine. You may find a burned resistor, melted trace, or broken capacitor connection.

oldjoe
09-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Thanks I will look there. Might be a loose connection . Just moved the machine a little to get at something. Just for giggles i thought i would try again and hideeho it works . Still a little spuratic but not near as bad. Was able to finish a carve. And i still get ye ole check cut motor error. Been that way for years now.

DickB
09-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Been that way for years now.What version of firmware are you running?

Digitalwoodshop
09-03-2018, 07:27 AM
As posted above, the C1 Capacitor is sometimes the cause of this problem.

I would order a new X Termination Board.

Lets hope you have not bypassed the right side cover switch. If the switch is bypassed then while you are changing the bit, the cut motor could come on.

Usually after a shock like thumping on the top of the machine and the C1 hits then opens.

AL

oldjoe
09-07-2018, 08:27 PM
86542 Thinking an upgrade.

bamaman315
11-25-2018, 05:26 PM
under the machine , I thought the termination board was behind the rail to the right on keyboard side of machine.

fwharris
11-25-2018, 08:38 PM
under the machine , I thought the termination board was behind the rail to the right on keyboard side of machine.
Nope it is on the bottom right hand side of the machine.