PDA

View Full Version : How too make a drawer front

rnichols
07-31-2018, 08:09 AM
Morning Everyone, I’m lookingfor some help. I'm trying to make a small box / pen stand. what I can’t figureis how to do the recess for the face of the drawer on the front side. It is avery simple box and I wanted to make it on the Carvewright. The drawer will hold some shaving from the “special” wood.

mtylerfl
07-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Couple ways. One is to just draw accurate lines spaced apart appropriately, then assign the 1/8” Cutting Bit to the lines at the desired depth.

SteveNelson46
07-31-2018, 10:01 AM
If this is what you are looking for, draw the drawer front and apply the cut path tool. Then draw the recess and make it a carve region (Tools, Carve Region). You can change the depth using the "Depth" icon on the toolbar. Add feather if desired. Example shown with a .25" deep carve region (default depth) and a 1/4" feather.

mtylerfl
07-31-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm picturing something different...I thought he wanted a recessed/pocketed area along the 3 sides of that cutout area, without the angle of the carving bit. (i.e., straight sides)

Perhaps you got it right, Steve...or maybe we need a more thorough explanation of the goal?

SteveNelson46
07-31-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm picturing something different...I thought he wanted a recessed/pocketed area along the 3 sides of that cutout area, without the angle of the carving bit. (i.e., straight sides)

Perhaps you got it right, Steve...or maybe we need a more thorough explanation of the goal?

It wouldn't be the first time for me to completely miss the point. I think your right, we need more info.

rnichols
07-31-2018, 09:10 PM
Gentlemen, what I,m thinking is having the drawer flush with the cutout on the front like a desk drawer. I now think it might not be possible because of the board being .5 thick and .250 "Dado" on the inside or front side of the project. Hope this makes a better picture of what I want to do. I'll try to attach the project file.