PDA

View Full Version : Text troubles

kwbcpastor
07-20-2018, 08:18 AM
Hey, I bet someone can solve this little Mystery. I design my project,go to the text button to add text to my beautiful design.. A message pops up,"FONT GENERATOR VERSION DOES NOT MATCH DESIGNER VERSION GOT: NONE S.b.3.103.14. Then it closes my program and does not save my work!! Yep, it's start all over again just to have the same thing happen. This is recent because it worked in the past. If I use the rectangle tool and outline the the design, I can then use the text button. Click my screen and it removes the rectangle and works just fine. If it's a recent update how do I know which one to remove?

Digitalwoodshop
07-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Can you make a project without your design and add text and make it work? This half splits the troubleshooting. 1. Font Problem 2. Designer Problem.

kwbcpastor
07-23-2018, 10:32 PM
I just tried that and yes, I can add text to plain board.

kwbcpastor
07-23-2018, 10:36 PM
I just tried a project with a pattern and add text worked also???? It would not let me add text for a few days. Now it seems ok. Go figure.

Digitalwoodshop
07-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Good Job....

kwbcpastor
07-25-2018, 04:55 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. I tried to add text to several other patterns as purchased from carvewright. fish, fishing rod, dog, no problem with adding text to the board. I also purchased a Masonic shield from Carvewright. Text will not work with that one pattern.??? I must first outline the Masonic symbol with the rectangle tool, then I can put text to the surrounding areas. I am not trying to put text on the symbol. What do you think? Again,the message I get before the program closes is,"FONT GENERATOR VERSION DOES NOT MATCH DESIGNER VERSION. s.b.3.103.14.

fwharris
07-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Can you show us a screen shot or even post your project file for us to look at? Sometimes when you over lay elements one might show up because of the different depth/height settings each one has. Setting the depths at the same level and adjusting the heights usually helps. You might also need to "merge" them.

kwbcpastor
07-26-2018, 08:07 AM
86337 Is this what you mean??

fwharris
07-26-2018, 11:52 AM
I see several problems with the files in the CarveWright working folder. I have made notes on your image but will also include them here.

This is a working folder for the Designer software and you should not be saving your project (MPC) files in this location. You should set up a folder in your documents folder for these. Once you get the new folder set up just "move" them there.

You have multiple copies of your favorites file. The favorites file is your pattern directory/list for when you select/open up the pattern tool in designer. Patterns are added to this location when you open a new pattern file (PTN) or import an image to bring it into designer. You should delete the ones that have a number behind the word favorites. If you have any patterns in some of these that do not show in the normal favorites you can click and drag them into the normal favorites. The copies of the favorites file were made because you double clicked on the "favorites" file (favorites.mpn) and when doing so it generates the new file.

Do all of this while designer is closed. When you start up designer your pattern list should not have the duplicates.

This could possibly be why you are having some issues with your text.

kwbcpastor
07-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Well if it's not it will blow me away! This sounds like exactly what I need to do. Thanks.

kwbcpastor
07-26-2018, 06:03 PM
Ok I did that I'll see how it goes. .--------------hummmmmmmmmmm test test hummmmmmmm--------------- That fixed my problem. Thank you so much and the forum is great!

fwharris
07-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Ok I did that I'll see how it goes. .--------------hummmmmmmmmmm test test hummmmmmmm--------------- That fixed my problem. Thank you so much and the forum is great!

Great to hear that took care of your problem and thanks for posting that picture! It was worth a thousand words! ;)

kwbcpastor
07-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the clear instructions and drawings you made!!! I am not good on the computer, However with your diagram and printed instructions, arrows and lines, even I knew how to fix things. It really was amazing how you did that!

fwharris
07-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Thank you for the clear instructions and drawings you made!!! I am not good on the computer, However with your diagram and printed instructions, arrows and lines, even I knew how to fix things. It really was amazing how you did that!

Thanks! For me having an image or reference document makes it easier to follow along.